Thursday, April 25, 2019

EP 1 - Laura Sets Ground Rules With Ava

EPISODE 1

Created By: Frank & Doris Hursley
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Creative Consultant: Mike Larry

TIME OF DAY. MORNING.
PREVIOUSLY ON GENERAL HOSPITAL

--Carly was worried that her baby would inherit bipolar disorder.
--Oscar got the permission he needed to change his last name to Quartermaine.

--Ava, Mac, Felicia, Laura, and Kevin decided to put their plan into action.
--Finn continued to think about proposing to Anna.

--Anna decided to move on and not let her doubts about Robin’s parentage get her down. She also reminisced with Robert over the past, which led to her accepting herself as Robin’s mother.

--And, Elizabeth was worried that Cameron would never accept Franco.

At the Safe House, in the Living Room, Kristina wakes up on the couch. She looks around. As she stands up and walks over to a small table to look at some books to read, the door opens and shuts. Kristina looks over and sees her mother.

Related image
KRISTINA: Mom. Morning.

Related image
ALEXIS: (going to Kristina) Good morning. Any of those books look interesting?

KRISTINA: Not really. I may read (pointing) that one later.

ALEXIS: I love To Kill A Mockingbird. Great book.

KRISTINA: Yeah. Reminds me of my niece.

ALEXIS: I especially love the parts between Atticus, Scout, and Jem where you see that they are a real, close family. It makes me wish that our family could be close again. Kristina, that can’t happen if you don’t come to accept us. That can’t happen if you don’t realize that you need to get rid of the hold Shiloh has on you. Please, honey. I’m begging you. Come back to me.

At Kelly’s Diner, Michael and Sasha are sitting at a table having breakfast.

Image result for Sofia Mattsson
SASHA: Thanks for taking me here this morning. I’ve been craving French toast lately. To tell you the truth, I could eat French toast for the rest of my life.

Related image
MICHAEL: Really? I don’t know what food I could eat for the rest of my life. That is, if I only had to pick one. This French toast is pretty good though. I was once told by my mom that the recipe was the creation of a woman by the name of Ruby.

SASHA: I think I’ve heard of this Ruby woman. Wasn’t she like one of this place’s most famous owners or something like that?

MICHAEL: From what I’ve heard. She was a legend in the kitchen.

SASHA: I aspire to be a woman who can throw down in the kitchen. I admire women who can actually cook. They can do so much with that talent. They can entertain. They can create meals of their own. They can even keep their men happy.

MICHAEL: (laughs) That seems straight out of an episode of I Love Lucy.

SASHA: I know, I know, I know. I can be traditional sometimes.

MICHAEL: I never pegged you as the traditional type.

SASHA: Well, that’s because you don’t know me that well.

MICHAEL: (smiling) Hopefully, we can change all that.

At Crimson, in Nina’s Office, Nina is sitting behind her desk. She has papers spread around her desk. Her laptop is opened. And, she is on her office phone.

Related image
NINA: (on the phone) If you do not get those fabrics here by tomorrow, I will fly to Morocco and shove a camera lens so far up your...you-know-what, that you’ll be able to take a picture of your colon. Do you understand how urgent this matter is? Good! Get it done!

As Nina slams the phone down, Maxie enters the office with a file.

Related image
MAXIE: Hey, what’s got you so upset?

Maxie sets the file down on Nina’s desk.

NINA: Sorry that you had to hear all that. I’m just very overwhelmed lately.

MAXIE: Talk to me. (sitting) Maybe I can help.

NINA: (sighs) Riddle me this, Maxie. How can I get ten hours of sleep, a hot-stone massage, these fabrics shipped to me, and fix all my issues with Valentin, by tonight?

MAXIE: Wow. That is a lot. First off, I can book you a hot-stone massage. Secondly, I can get you home at a decent hour. Most of this stuff, I can take care of here at the office myself. Third, I’ll see what I can do about those fabrics. But, only one thing puzzles me.

NINA: What’s that?

MAXIE: I was under the impression that you wanted to be done with Valentin for good. Tell me, what’s going on there? Why the sudden change of heart?

At the Port Charles Community Park, by a Private Area, Laura walks to a bench where Ava is sitting down. Ava is also drinking a cup of coffee from a to-go cup.

Related image
AVA: I was beginning to wonder when you’d get here. My coffee is starting to get cold. And, after all, you were the one who called this little meeting.

Related image
LAURA: Sorry I’m late. (sitting) I had an issue to deal with at the hospital. But, now that I’m here, we can have a little chat.

AVA: Is this about the plan to lure Ryan out of hiding?

LAURA: Precisely.

AVA: Please tell me that you’re not having doubts.

LAURA: I wouldn’t call them doubts, Ava. I’m just here to lay down some ground rules with you when it comes to your plan to have a fake relationship with Kevin.

AVA: Laura, we’ve been over this. I have no designs on your man. I already told you that looking at Kevin reminds me of Ryan. (voice breaking) When I think of Ryan, I think of him murdering my daughter.

LAURA: I know, Ava. However, you know that Kevin and Ryan aren’t the same person. They just share the same face. I know better than anyone that feelings can change and grow overtime. I just want to make sure that your feelings about Kevin never change or grow. Kevin and I are trying to repair our marriage. I don’t need you as an obstacle.

Back at Kelly’s, Michael and Sasha’s table is clear. Michael is signing the check. After he is done, Michael puts the pen in the check booklet and closes it. He sets it on the edge of the table.

SASHA: You didn’t have to pay for breakfast.

MICHAEL: Don’t worry about it. My treat.

SASHA: Everything’s been your treat. Next time, I’ll get it.

MICHAEL: Oh?

SASHA: What?

MICHAEL: You want there to be a next time?

SASHA: I would love for there to be a next time. Wouldn’t you?

MICHAEL: Yeah. I just didn’t know how far you wanted this thing to go.

SASHA: Why would you think that I would hold back from you?

MICHAEL: Sasha, after my child passed away, it really opened my eyes. I realized how many relationships I’ve been through. I realized how just about every one of those relationships has ended in tragedy. I’m just tired of getting my heart broken.

SASHA: Michael, I’m not gonna break your heart. I like you. I want to see where this goes. I know you’ve been burned. So have I. Let’s change that. Let’s forge a new and happy path for each other. Let’s show the world that we’ve made mistakes. But, let’s also show the world that we make one another happy. Deal?

MICHAEL: Deal.

Michael and Sasha smile on at one another.

Back at the Port Charles Community Park, by the Private Area, Ava throws her to-go cup in the trash can. She and Laura are now both standing across from one another.

AVA: Laura, I set out on this plan to capture Ryan. Nothing more. I am tired of people thinking that I am this vicious snake that is only out to catch married men.

LAURA: Sorry. I realize that I was a little harsh towards you.

AVA: Thank you. Laura, the only way this plan can work is if we stay strong. We cannot slip for a second. If we do, Ryan wins. We all have to be on our A-game. You, me, Mac, Felicia, and Kevin, we can beat this if we stick together and stop harping on one another like children.

LAURA: You’re right, Ava. Again, I apologize. Anyway, Kevin wants you two to have a date tonight at his home. Mac will be there canvasing the property to see if Ryan shows up. Felicia and I will be in the car staking the place out with Mac.

AVA: Good plan. We’re stronger when we’re all together.

LAURA: Very much so.

AVA: (sighs) I’m a little hungry. Do you want to go have lunch?

LAURA: I would love too.

AVA: I’ll even let you pick the place.

LAURA: Oh thanks. How about the Metro Court?

AVA: Sounds good to me.

LAURA: Alright. Let’s go.

As Ava and Laura walk off, it is made clear that someone is watching them.

Back at Crimson, in Nina’s Office, Nina leans back in her chair.

NINA: Maxie, I don’t know what I want. For months, I have contemplated going back to Valentin. Then, I remember all the pain he has inflicted on my heart.

MAXIE: Why, Nina? Why do you feel the urge to go to him?

NINA: After I came out of my coma, and after I fell off the rails when it came to Silas and my mother, I tried to get my life back on track. When I met and fell in love with Valentin, I felt as though God was finally giving me a chance to make things right for myself. I don’t know. Maybe my feelings are crazy.

MAXIE: Nina, it’s okay to have feelings for Valentin. He’s been a huge part of your life. And, you love Charlotte. They’re your family more than anything.

NINA: He also found my daughter. How can I ever repay the man who brought my daughter back into my life? I adore Sasha. What do I do, Maxie?

MAXIE: The best advice I can give you is something Nathan used to say to me. He would always say, “Follow your heart, Max…”

NINA: “...even if it gets you into trouble.”

MAXIE: (laughs) Exactly. You do what makes you happy, Nina. You’re a grown woman. Don’t let anyone hold you back from the things you want in this life.

NINA: Damn, Maxie. I don’t know what I’d do without you.

MAXIE: Same here.

Back at the Safe House, in the Living Room, Kristina and Alexis walk over to the couch and sit down. Alexis sets her purse next to her.

KRISTINA: Mom, I wish you would stop trying to poison me against Shiloh and just let me go back to him. He’s a good man. He has given me more than I could’ve ever hoped for. You can join him too. You can see the change he is making in this world.

ALEXIS: Kristina, he is a dangerous man. He is only using you.

KRISTINA: Yeah right. You’re just mad to see me so happy.

ALEXIS: I know that’s what you think. That’s not true, Kristina. You are my daughter. I only want what is best for you. At the moment, what is best for you, is to get away from this man. Open your eyes. See that he is not a good person. See that he is using you. See that he is terrible for you. Please, honey. Please.

There’s a short pause between Kristina and Alexis.

KRISTINA: Can you please get me a glass of water? I’m a little thirsty. I just want to drink some water and read a little.

ALEXIS: (deep breath) Fine.

Alexis takes her purse and walks to the kitchen. Kristina stands and goes over to the books on the small table. Once she hears the water turn on in the kitchen, she looks around and walks over to the front door.

KRISTINA: (to herself) Bye, mom.

Kristina opens the door quietly and exits. She shuts the door quietly as well. Seconds later, Alexis reenters the room with a glass of water and her purse.

ALEXIS: Alright, I know you said you wanted to read. However, I think that you could beat my butt in a game of…

Alexis realizes the Kristina is gone.

ALEXIS: Kristina?

Alexis drops the glass out of her hand. It falls to the floor and shatters.

ALEXIS: Oh my god.

Alexis rushes to the door. She opens it.

ALEXIS: (poking her head outside/calling out) Kristina!

Alexis can see that Kristina is nowhere to be found outside. Alexis hurries back inside and pulls out her phone from her back pocket. She dials a number and puts the phone to her ear.

ALEXIS: (on the phone) Sonny, it’s me. Kristina’s escaped.

The camera zooms in on Alexis’ worried expression.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 1***

No comments:

Post a Comment