Monday, April 29, 2019

EP 3 - Nina Finds Out The Truth!

EPISODE 3

Created By: Frank & Doris Hursley
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Creative Consultant: Mike Larry

SAME DAY. NIGHT.

At the Metro Court, in the Formal Dining Room, Peter and Maxie are sitting at the bar. Both of them are having a glass of red wine.

Related image
MAXIE: Thanks for taking me out tonight. I had such a long day at work. It’s nice to just relax and have a good glass of wine.


PETER: My pleasure. How’s Nina by the way? I’ve been thinking about her a lot since you ran that DNA test on Sasha. Did you tell her yet?

MAXIE: Funny you should ask about Nina. And, no, I didn’t tell her about the test. But, I think that Nina is so caught up in the whole Sasha thing that she’s finally ready to go back full force to Valentin. That’s all she talked about before she left the office today. I’m just so worried.

PETER: Why is that?

MAXIE: Look, I know this may sound strange. But, something is telling me...this gut feeling is telling me...not to believe the DNA test.

At Sasha’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Sasha and Michael are sitting on the couch. They’re eating Chinese food for dinner.

Image result for Sofia Mattsson
SASHA: First off, thanks for spending the whole day with me. This day has been absolutely perfect. Secondly, thank you for letting me pay for something.

Related image
MICHAEL: You were just so adamant about it.

SASHA: I just want to show you that I’m not a gold-digger.

MICHAEL: I didn’t think that for a second. Well, I think it’s time for fortune cookies. I’ll even let you have the first pick.

SASHA: Thank you. You’re a gentleman.

MICHAEL: Always.

Sasha lets out a little laugh and picks up a fortune cookie.

SASHA: I wonder what it says.

MICHAEL: (picking up a cookie) Me too. Let’s find out.

Sasha and Michael open up their fortune cookies.

At the Sunrise Diner, Kristina is sitting at a booth. She is eating a grilled cheese and drinking a glass of water. She’s trying to eat and drink as fast as possible. The Waitress walks over to her table.

WAITRESS: Can I get you anything else, miss?

Related image
KRISTINA: No thank you.

WAITRESS: Okay. Here you go. (laying down a check) Whenever you’re ready, you can head up to the front and pay that.

KRISTINA: Thanks.

The Waitress walks off. Kristina looks around and collects her things. She then begins to slowly exit the diner from the door behind her, avoiding the front door at all cost. As Kristina zips up her jacket, the Waitress steps in front of her.

WAITRESS: Miss, you still have a bill to pay.

KRISTINA: I…

Before Kristina can say anything else, a woman interrupts her.

WOMAN: She won’t be paying you, because she doesn’t have any money on her right now. I’ll take care of it. Then, she can come with me.

Kristina turns around and realizes that Alexis and Sonny are standing behind her.

Related image
ALEXIS: Hello, Kristina.

At the Collins Home, in the Living Room, Kevin, Felicia, Mac, Ava, and Laura are all standing around the room. There is a small table in the room. On top of it is a white table cloth, two lit candles, two wine glasses, a bottle of wine, and two plates.

Related image
LAURA: Okay, so I’ve got everything set up for the fake date.

FELICIA: Good. I’ve got the car pulled around back.

Related image
MAC: And, I’ve got a flashlight and I hooked up that camera in the backyard.

Related image
AVA: So, what happens now?

Image result for jon lindstrom
KEVIN: We catch Ryan. The trap is set. Let’s do this thing.

FELICIA: Before we start, I just want everyone to know that we need to be very careful. Ryan has always been one step ahead of those trying to capture him. Yes, he took that fall over that bridge. But, as we’ve come to learn, that hasn’t stopped him.

AVA: I know that we’re all stronger than Ryan. Felicia, he tormented you for more than a year. Kevin, you had to deal with your brother spinning out of control. Mac, you’ve been with Felicia every step of the way during Ryan’s return. Laura, you’ve had to deal with this taking a toll on your marriage. And, I’ve had to deal with the fact that I was duped and fell in love with the man who murdered my daughter. Ryan has made us all grow a thicker skin. That bastard is not walking away from all of this. He wants a fight, then he’s got one. Now, lets kick his ass.

At Wyndemere, in the Living Room, Nina enters the room fully.

Related image
NINA: I’m waiting. Aunt Liesl, what do I need to forgive Valentin for?

Related image
LIESL: Oh, Nina, it’s nothing.

NINA: What I walked in on looks too tense not to be anything.

Image result for James Patrick Stuart
VALENTIN: Fine. I’ll come clean. I broke that very expensive blue vase from Paris that you wanted to take to your office. I was gonna get you a new one and cover it up. I’m sorry.

NINA: Stop. No. Stop it.

VALENTIN: I’m sorry. I really am.

NINA: Aunt Liesl, can you give Valentin and I a minute?

LIESL: Nina…

NINA: Liesl! Please!

LIESL: Okay.

Liesl collects her things and leaves the room.

NINA: Valentin, what’s really going on here?

VALENTIN: I…

NINA: Before you try to come up with a story to cover whatever I walked in on, just know that I’m not stupid. This is about the 100th time I’ve walked in on you and my Aunt Liesl about to come to blows over something involving me. Valentin, I’m begging you. Come clean to me. What is really going on here?

Back at the Metro Court, in the Formal Dining Room, Peter takes a sip of his wine and proceeds to set the glass back in front of him.

PETER: Why don’t you want to believe the DNA test?

MAXIE: Trust me, I know how easy it is to get a test switched in this town. That isn’t the only reason though. This all just seemed too easy to me. One moment, Madeline tells Nina that her daughter is alive. The next moment, Madeline dies. Shortly after that, Valentin finds Sasha and all the sudden she’s believed to be Nina’s daughter.

PETER: You think this just seems to convenient?

MAXIE: Yes! I’m a huge believer in fate, Peter. I think fate brought me Nathan on New Year’s Eve all those years ago. I know what fate feels like. This to me does not feel like that. This feels like a concocted story of lies and deceit. And, I’m gonna get to the bottom of it.

PETER: I will be right there to help you.

MAXIE: (raising glass) Here’s to being partners.

PETER: Cheers.

Peter raises his glass. He and Maxie clink glasses.

Back at Sasha’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Sasha and Michael have their fortunes in their hands. Sasha lets out a little laugh.

MICHAEL: I take it your’s must be hilarious.

SASHA: To me, yes.

MICHAEL: What does it say?

SASHA: It says, “Be prepared to meet the man of your dreams...very soon.”

MICHAEL: Does it really?

SASHA: (showing him the fortune) Yes, see.

MICHAEL: Wow.

SASHA: What does your fortune say?

MICHAEL: “Soon you will discover something new about yourself.”

SASHA: I wonder what that something new could be.

MICHAEL: Maybe it’s that I can like someone despite the emotional relationship trauma I’ve been through. I know that doesn’t sound romantic. But, with you sitting here, I believe it to be very true.

SASHA: Oh, Michael.

Sasha smiles at Michael. He leans in, brushes her cheek, and kisses her.

At the Safe House, in the Living Room, Alexis, Sonny, and Kristina enter the safe house. Sonny shuts the door behind them. They all fully enter the living room.

ALEXIS: I cannot believe you, Kristina. How could you just leave here like that? I was worried sick about you. I didn’t know where you were. (voice breaking) I didn’t know if you had been kidnapped. You could’ve been dead for all I know!

Related image
SONNY: Kristina, what you did was inexcusable.

KRISTINA: I’m still here. And, now, people know who I’m with. They’ve seen my face. It’s only a matter of time before someone comes looking for me.

ALEXIS: Cut the crap, young lady. We are protecting you.

KRISTINA: Do you two not understand?! Shiloh is the best thing that has ever happened to me! I want to be with him! I am an adult! I can make my own choices!

SONNY: Watch your tone, Kristina. You are our daughter. No matter how old you are, we will always be your parents. We will always be mom and dad.

ALEXIS: Honey, I don’t know how long I can do this with you. I am trying to get through to you. (sobbing) I am trying to make you see that you are my daughter. You are my baby girl. You are not a pawn for Shiloh to use. I need you. I need you, Kristina. Come back to me. Just come back to me!

KRISTINA: (sobbing) Mom, I don’t know how! I don’t know what you want from me! I just want to go home! I just want my life back!

Alexis quickly goes in for a hug, embracing her daughter tightly. A tear begins to stroll down Kristina’s right cheek. It’s almost as though Alexis is getting through to her.

ALEXIS: Shhh. It’s okay. Mom’s here.

Back at the Collins Home, in the Living Room, Kevin and Ava are sitting at the table. Both of them are drinking a glass of red wine and eating a salad.

AVA: I love the dressing on this. Did you make it?

KEVIN: Yes. It’s my own special recipe.

AVA: That’s nice. I’m sorry. I know this is awkward.

KEVIN: Ava, it’s okay. I know you’re just trying to act the part.

AVA: Yeah.

MEANWHILE, OUTSIDE, IN FELICIA’S CAR

Felicia and Laura are sitting in a car that is parked across the street.

FELICIA: I haven’t seen anything. Have you?

LAURA: Not a thing.

FELICIA: I just wish that creep would show himself. I know he’s around here somewhere. I can sense it, Laura. I can sense that he’s near.

LAURA: Are you doing okay, Felicia? If you don’t want to do this, let me know now.

FELICIA: No, I’m fine. I can control my emotions.

LAURA: Okay. Just know that I am here for you.

FELICIA: I do know that. Thank you, Laura.

MEANWHILE, IN THE BACKYARD

Mac is holding a flashlight, canvasing the property.

MAC: Come on, Ryan. Show yourself. Now’s the time.

As Mac continues to watch over the property, he hears a flickering noise. Mac follows the noise around the yard. It eventually leads him to a fuse box attached to the house.

MAC: What the hell?

Mac shines his flashlight on the open fuse box and sees that wires have been cut. Then, he hears the shattering of glass and Ava screaming. The screen fades in and out as Mac, Felicia, and Laura all enter the house.

LAURA: What happened?! Why are the lights out?!
KEVIN: Ryan must’ve cut them!

As everyone begins to panic, the lights come back on.

AVA: What the hell was that?

FELICIA: Ryan at his finest.

MAC: Wait. We’ve got something.

Mac goes over to the broken window.

FELICIA: Honey, be careful.

Mac picks up a piece of stationary paper. He opens it. Written in blood, the note says:
I KNOW WHAT YOU’RE UP TO. STOP NOW, OR YOU DIE.

MAC: Oh my god. Ryan just threatened us.

AVA: Enough.

LAURA: Ava, what is it?

AVA: I am done playing by the rules when he does not. I am coming up with another plan. That is a plan to eliminate Ryan Chamberlain. Who’s with me?

Laura, Kevin, Mac, Felicia, and Ava look around at one another.

Back at Wyndemere, in the Living Room, Nina sets her purse down.

NINA: Valentin, I’m waiting.

VALENTIN: Nina, what I told you was the truth. I’m sorry about the vase. In fact, I’ll buy you an identical one to replace it.

NINA: Why are you lying to me?

VALENTIN: I’m not.

NINA: Yeah, you are. Everytime you lie, the top wrinkle on your forehead goes up ever so slightly. I know you that well. I know when your poker face has been spoiled. I’m giving you one chance. Either you tell me the truth and your side of the story about whatever’s going on, or I go out in the foyer and ask my Aunt Liesl.

There’s a short pause between the two.

NINA: I’m waiting!

VALENTIN: Fine! (deep breath) It’s about Sasha.

NINA: What about Sasha? What’s going on with my daughter? Is she sick?

VALENTIN: No. It’s nothing like that.

NINA: Then, what is it?

VALENTIN: She’s not…

NINA: She’s ‘not’ what?

VALENTIN: She’s not your daughter.

NINA: (voice breaking) What did you just say to me?

VALENTIN: I’m sorry, Nina. That’s the truth.

NINA: No. No. No. This can’t be.

The camera zooms in on Nina. Tears are strolling down her face.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 3***

No comments:

Post a Comment